May 04, 2010

Impressions

Who are you trying to impress?
Is it someone?  Is it you?
What impresses you?

I use to think that I was impressed by what people owned. And then when I looked deeper into their lives I learned that they were unbalanced.  Perhaps they worked a ton to have what they had and where unable to spend time with their family.  That did not impress me.

I use to think that people in relationships where they were able to go out all the time and hang out with their friends impressed me.  Then when I got to know the couple a little bit more they were not happy together unless others were around.  That did not impress me.

I use to think that a family that made it to church every Sunday was impressive.  I mean how could they pull it together and get up every time and go. Then I learned that they had a hateful home life, without morals and principals that were long lasting.  That did not impress me.

What impresses you?

In this day and age we are all so busy that I think we sometimes forget about what we really want for our lives,  what we think we want and what we really want.   Sometimes this is not discovered until life get so unbalanced and overwhelming that we realize we are not impressed with our own lives.  We need to redefine who we are and what we are trying to achieve.

When I meet a person that has a balanced life (personal, career, health, spiritual) I am impressed.
Do you know anyone with a balanced life?
Study them.
Do they impress you? 

No comments: