February 16, 2010

More MMFC Info

I just want to put out a few more details about the Women's Master Mind Fight Club to clarify what will be involved in participating and to answer some of the questions I've gotten.

The time commitment will be roughly 3-5 hrs/week including meetings, workouts, assignments, and reading.

The kick-off will be Tuesday, March 2nd from 7:00-8:30pm. Out-of-towners will get a kick-off email that night.

The retreat will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, May 1st. We will meet at CrossFit Central and carpool to a ranch in Bertram, TX, returning to Austin at 12:00pm on Sunday, May 2nd.

The sign-up process is this: please send me a brief essay (1 page or less!) explaining why you want to do this program. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship please mention that in your essay. I am holding spots for those who have already commented on the blog or contacted me to express their commitment. So far I have 9 women in Austin and 3 women from out of town. That leaves 3 open spots (1 for an Austinite, 2 for out-of-towners), which will be filled on a first come basis so act fast if you want in!

Please wait to pay until you hear from me confirming that you have gotten one of the 15 spots. You can pay via check or cash at the kick-off meeting or you can pay with a credit card via PayPal to carey.kepler@gmail.com. Out-of-towners can mail checks to me at CrossFit Central's address--please make your check out to "Carey Kepler" and put "MMFC" in the memo field. You can either pay in full to receive the discount, or if you are paying monthly, payment will be due by the 1st of each month for that month.

You will receive additional details, including the plan for each week from March-November, when we kick-off. Any more questions? Please leave them in the comments!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I am VERY intersted in being a part of the MMFC! I heard about this through my best friend Jill Baker. I would be an out of towner located near Newport Beach, CA. Are the 2 out of towner spots mentioned in this post still available? I will send my essay your way first thing tomorrow morning.

Nichole Smith

Anonymous said...

hey girl..i dont know if you got my essay either?...if you didnt let me know at lauryn87@aol.com and i'll resend it...