December 13, 2009

Eating Good Food



You can make it difficult to eat right or you can keep it pretty simple. I make it simple and fun. I like to freak people out. Not by dancing in the store or yelling stuff out but buy buying good food, lots of veggies and getting strange looks from people in line with me. The cashier always has something fun to say.

I recently took my trip to HEB (don't get on me, its not the farmer's market, I can't always be almost perfect), and the lady asked if I had cancer. I said no, thank God and why? And she said that it was not normal to eat that many fruits and veggies unless something serious was the matter.

Are you serious? Wow, I am so glad I am aware of the importance of food and what it can and will do for this body that is housing me while I am here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Amy Jones said...

You shop the perimeter girl!

Michael Gregory said...

looks like my cart!

georgia said...

How sad that, typically, people don't start paying attention to the quality of their diet until AFTER they are diagnosed with something.