March 31, 2009

Fresh Food!



I encourage all of you to shop at the farmers market. You can't beat fresh locally grown food. You see here I have fresh eggs, fresh cilatro, fresh sprouts, grass fed beef and we picked up a steak that was out of this world!

There are many reasons to shop local and gazillions of reasons why you should shop fresh. The nutrients you get from fresh cannot be beat and then there is the community and the enjoyment you gain from shopping with like minded people.

A rich experiance.

Hit the triangle on Wednesdays from 3 to 7pm. Lamar and Gaudalupe.

1 comment:

-Brandon said...

I didn't know Robb Wolf was a week or so ago. I would like to have seen him.

You should check out Hairston Creek Farm. They do a CSA (community supported agriculture) box delivery. We did it last year and are splitting with a couple of friends this year. Weekly or every 2 weeks seasonal veggies.

It's not local to Austin but is local to Texas, but Slanker's also has grassfed meats that you can order. There is a shipping cost reduction at like 64 pounds, and it's pretty reasonable.

We've been doing some training at HIT Center Austin, but I might come over for some crossfit stuff soon...I know I've been saying that for awhile!

-Your Neighbors