July 12, 2008

Trip to Cali - Crossfit Games 2008




Well Hello to everyone that makes it to my blog on occasion. I must apologize for not posting in a Month! Little embarrassing. My life has forked yet into another road. For many reasons, but I would say the main reason is my new son. I new it would be different but was not sure how different it would be. One of my co workers gave me a Meditations for Mothers book a few weeks ago and I cry almost at every daily reflection. I also don't just read on one daily reflection. I read two or three. I can't help it, they are so good and I can relate to each one that I just keep reading.

So one of the reflections that I read yesterday went something like this:

The toughest job you'll ever love.
Motherhood makes boot camp look like an ice cream social. We've seen soiled diapers that would bring a grown man to his knees. While soldiers tote the evenly distributed weight of a pack, we haul a wiggling child. We lift him 100,000 times a day. we lug him and his tricycle home from the park. Now, that's what I call physical endurance!
Our day can start at any time. Bleary eyed we must still buy groceries and drive a car. We are on the front lines everyday and have only our inner strength as replacements. We can't resign. We love our job- we may not always like it., but we love it. We aren't gluttons for punishment. We are the proud, the brave, the Moms.


As I took off with 8 others to California to be a spectator and coach, my Mom was to kind to take my daughter for the week and leave me with baby Stone. One less child can make a huge difference especially when traveling. None the less while I worked out at Crossfit North Santa Cruz (www.crossfitnsc.com)Kris held the baby and we Flip flopped when needed.
The picks above are at Brenden's facility. Very nice and thanks guys for letting us , all of us, drop in!

So was it hard to just watch the games this year? Yes. Will I participate next year, most definitely. I probably could have done the games but it would have sucked! So I yelled a bunch, ask Stone, he was right there with me. And I coached where I could. And everyone did a great Job!

As usual this is a random collection of thoughts, but my baby brain is just about that.. random collection of thoughts... could be frustrating for you intelligent Crossfitters. Bare with me, I hope I won't stay like this forever!

No comments: