April 13, 2008

April 7th, 1975




The only reason I bring up this date is to take you back to my birth. Carey Allison Thiel was the name my parents gave me. I was 8 and 1/2 pounds and mom said I was absolutely gorgeous. Don't all parents say that about their children...

Non the less that was my special day, mine and a cuzillion other kids I'm sure. This April 7th I was anticipating a day filled with me. I woke up with a little bitterness. I immediately told myself to get rid of it, I was in control of my attitude, and this was no way I wanted to spend my special birthday. I had trained a client, got some exercise in and thought about giving bith to "Scooter". I did not want to share my day but would have and told my husband, yes I told him, that we had to go hike bull creek... we had done this a week before Savannah was born and now we had to do it a week before Scooter would be born. Plus it was the last thing on the list of things we had to do before Scooter would come. So, with slite hessitation from Kris, and no nap tak'en Savannah, we headed for the creek. Mind you I am 39 weeks pregnant, Kris thinks this is crazy and I insist we take Savannah. That means we take the jog stroller on bull creek.. if you have ever been on bull creek you know there are a few unfriendly jog stroller areas... being the AWESOME husband that he is he agrees to take me. We take off, within 3 minutes Savannah is asleep for the hike. A bumpy nap she gets. We hike a good 20 minutes out. Kris not only hikes but carries the stroller over several tough spots. I take it nice and slow, the water out there is not for birthing in. We turn around at a creek crossing.(see pic) As we are headed back the Angel wakes a little nervous of the terain, she is use to town lake trail, not this off road rocky creek, and we get to have a nice family hike.

No birth, Savannah saw some of the terain we hiked almost 2 years ago to the day and Kris gave his spoiled wife her birthday wish.
Enjoy the pics of the great adventure...

No comments: