July 12, 2007

IRON


I have been away for too long. My people need me.
It has been a few weeks now since I have been able to throw around the word ironman. It buzzes when I say it, now that I have actually completed the event. I kept a daily log, somehow it was erased, but the memory... fresh. People have been asking, "was that the toughest thing you have ever done?" or "was that harder than having a baby?" and the truth of the matter is no it was not the toughest thing I have ever done. The AT&T marathon this past February was hard. I ran outside of my comfort zone. Ironman definitely makes you ask the question "what am I doing this for?" but depending on how lofty you set your goal depends on the intesity of the race.
I look forward to the next ironman, I know my story will be different. I know I will tell you it was the hardest thing I have ever done.

No comments: